As Looma’s first internal design hire, the Lead Designer will build and champion Looma’s design philosophy across media and departments. This role will report to Looma’s Executive Storyteller (acting Marketing Director) and require versatility across media formats, with strong instincts in art direction. Key projects range from sales and marketing materials to a client-facing dashboard UI, from Loop™ content to in-store decor mockups.
In short, we expect the Lead Designer to wear a few hats, and, specifically, we’re looking for candidates with that rare combination of technical brilliance and instinct. There’s a big difference between making something look pretty and communicating business value with clarity and poignance, and we’re looking for someone who can do both.
- Visually communicate Looma’s unique marriage of humanity and data through a variety of design endeavors, including:
- Retail and brand-facing sales decks
- External marketing channels such as email, social media, and website
- Internal and external process one-pagers
- Internal and client-facing dashboards, including post-campaign reports
- Ancillary content slides to be featured on Loop™ (e.g. Tasting Notes, Product Ratings, Protagonist Spotlights, Trivia)
- Loop™ Film Style Guide — a suite of design elements employed in our content activation process
- In-store decor design (e.g. signage, vinyl wrap, shelf ribbons)
- Develop templates and a library of visual assets for use by staff generalists
- Ability to identify, collaborate with, and manage additional contract design and UI/UX specialists as needed
- Manage multiple concurrent projects, establishing and communicating priorities to the rest of the team with consistency and poise
- Passionate about capturing and sharing stories of people who love what they do
- Quick to love people – genuinely enjoys unearthing personal stories and bringing them to life through both written and visual means
Obsessed with striking the balance between beautiful aesthetic and simple, clear communication
- Penchant for details and organization, particularly in the digital realm
- Joyful and composed on the good days as well as the bad
Looma’s Hiring Philosophy
Culture is incredibly important to us, particularly in the early days. Regardless of role, strong contributors to Looma's culture will exhibit and aspire to the following seven characteristics.
- Emotional Intelligence
Diversity & Nondiscrimination
Looma believes diversity is a fundamental good, and we are committed to promoting diversity both in our workplace and through the stories we tell. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status, class or caste status, or any other protected class. Our global nondiscrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business.