The Climate Service provides climate analytics to help the world’s governments, companies, and financial institutions measure and manage the financial risk from climate change. We are a fast-growing, two-year-old company, and our mission is to embed climate data into global decision making. We believe this will accelerate the transition to a low-carbon economy, and help make the world more resilient to the most important challenge of our time.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Full Stack Developer based in Durham who will work closely with our analysis and product teams. We're looking for someone who is curious, enthusiastic, adaptable, and a quick learner to join our growing team. The successful candidate will both architect the solution and get their hands dirty in the code, and play a prominent role in shaping the future of one of the world’s leading climate analytics firms.
About the Full Stack Developer position
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer who will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer to improve the architecture, design, functionality, and performance of our cutting-edge Climanomics™ platform.
What you’ll do:
- Ongoing improvements to achieve enterprise-grade security, scalability, maintainability, performance.
- Efficiently translate customer requirements into application features
- Prepare creative prototypes according to specifications
- Create enterprise-grade code from prototypes
- Work together with a team of IT professionals
- Organize and conduct unit and integration testing before launch.
- Organize and conduct functional and nonfunctional testing and perform troubleshooting and debugging
- Continually improve development operations, such as regression testing, deployment, availability monitoring
- Prepare technical documentation to accurately represent application design and code
Who you are:
- At least 5 years experience in programming and application development
- Proven experience in systems architecture and design in a multi-tiered architecture with enterprise-grade requirements for security, scalability, availability, maintainability, and performance
- Experience with dev ops tools such as automated testing, deployment, monitoring, and source code control
- Good knowledge of software design and programming principles, e.g., Model-View-Controller framework, DRY code, refactoring.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and time-management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with close attention to detail
- BSc or BA degree in computer science or other relevant area; MSc or MA degree will be a bonus
- Burning desire to provide the world with ever-better insights on the impact of climate change