The Climate Service provides climate analytics to help the world’s governments, companies, and financial institutions measure and manage the financial risk from climate change. We are a fast-growing, two-year-old company, and our mission is to embed climate data into global decision making. We believe this will accelerate the transition to a low-carbon economy, and help make the world more resilient to the most important challenge of our time.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Business Analyst based in Durham who will work closely with our clients and our analysis and product teams. The successful candidate will manage data-driven projects for our clients, provide customer feedback to enhance our products, and play a prominent role in shaping the future of one of the world’s leading climate analytics firms.
About the Business Analyst position:
We are looking for a Business Analyst who will help our customers get the most value from our Climanomics™ climate risk analytics platform. The Business Analyst will be the vital link between our platform's advanced analytics capabilities and our customers' needs to understand the financial impacts of climate change on their business.
We're looking for someone who is curious, enthusiastic, adaptable, and a quick learner to join our growing team. You should have a grounding in both business/economics and climate/environmental science. This is a data-heavy position, so we hope you enjoy diving into the details to help our customers make sure their data is accurate and complete, while also maintaining focus on the customer’s broader needs and goals. You should feel confident researching and reading technical papers to help create and configure econometric functions that relate climate hazards to impacts on our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Perform quality assurance on business data from customers. Help customers resolve data gaps and issues.
- Integrate business data from multiple internal and external sources; develop adaptive logic for resolving differences and ensuring quality.
- Interpret complex quantitative results and distill key impacts relevant to customer needs.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, working with them to optimize and enhance their configuration and use of the Climanomics™ software
- Perform all functions necessary to configure the software for customers. Manage the schedule, scope, and quality of implementation projects.
- Document and write reports as necessary on configuration, methodology, and insights from results
- Identify product and service enhancements based on customer needs and make recommendations to the product and analysis teams
- Help design, document and maintain system processes
Who you are:
- Previous analytical experience in a corporate environment or in finance
- Previous exposure to, or significant coursework in, environmental or climate/weather science
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions
- Experience in data-analysis and data-visualization techniques and tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Proven success with client communications
- Experience managing projects: scope, schedules, deliverables, quality, issues, and budget.
- BA or BS degree in Economics, business, sustainability, or other relevant field. Masters Degree preferred.
- Burning desire to provide the world with ever-better insights on the impact of climate change
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and integrity are our company’s primary values. The Climate Service is committed to creating a diverse team, an inclusive work environment, and equitable business and management practices -- including our recruitment and hiring process. In committing to these values, we will be diligent in considering them in our ongoing assessment of who we are, what we stand for, and how we conduct our business.
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your resume with a cover letter identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team. Apply as soon as possible, but no later than November 12, 2019. We look forward to hearing from you!
At this time, we are unable to sponsor H1-B visas. Candidates must have a valid work visa or be a U.S. citizen / permanent resident.