StrongKey is making data breaches irrelevant. We are redefining the way businesses and government agencies secure their information against the inevitability of a breach through providing four specific practices that ensures their data, no matter the format, remains encrypted and protected at the highest possible level. While other security solutions focus on predicting, containing, or looking after the perimeter, StrongKey provides strong authentication, encryption, and digital signatures – underpinned by key management – to ensure data security, even with an attacker on your network. We’re trusted by some of the largest companies and critical government agencies around the globe, and we have tailored solutions whether you’re a multinational corporation, small business, or just you – working from your home office.
Founded in 2001, we are now at a pivotal time to grow. It’s time to capitalize on the success stories and proven track record around the globe, and it’s time to scale. It’s time to bring our innovative, affordable, open-source solutions to a market facing an ever-growing threat of cyberattacks.
This offers a unique opportunity to those joining the StrongKey team. We offer the autonomy, excitement, strategy-setting, navigating ambiguity, and challenge of a startup, but all of that is backed by 18 years of proven security, thought leadership, and a working business model. If you feel tired of being lost in the crowd, or yearn for the opportunity for personal impact, we think we could be a compelling place for you to work. If you drool at the opportunity to collaboratively create something new, we want you on board.
We are seeking a well-rounded marketing leader to join our sales and marketing team. StrongKey has built a strong foundation of marketing processes that we are ready to capitalize on. We are looking for someone to carry forward our early stage momentum to continue building what is underway, rather than changing direction or starting from scratch.
Our marketing team is small and versatile; we operate in many different domains. We have listed our most important areas of expertise and tools we use, but importantly, we are not expecting any candidate to excel in all of them. It is entirely acceptable and expected for our candidate to excel in some areas and have limited experience in others. We have a strong team designed to help with each other’s weaknesses, and we’ve created a self-evaluation for our candidates to complete.
Please don’t be discouraged at the breadth of this job posting. We’re looking for a well-rounded person, and we’re open to candidates who may feel they are not an exact fit for our organization.
What You’ll Do Here
· Participation in sales & marketing meetings, to help us understand how your marketing work is connecting to the sales funnel.
· Architecting of marketing campaigns, and executing the pieces along the way (which may include new content on website, webinars, events, email marketing)
· Email marketing management, including at least monthly newsletters, and ad hoc communication
· Ad hoc collateral creation, particularly related to technical marketing. We have a robust collateral library underway, and our candidate will help it grow.
Content Creation (articles, marketing collateral, visual design)
Web Design (website maintenance, creation of new pages, etc.)
Email Marketing (template creation, sending, metrics & analytics)
Marketing Strategy (including campaign structuring)
Awareness Building Through Marketing (including SEO, webinars, any other creative means to build awareness)
Nice to Have
Event Strategy & Management
Social Media Management
Benefits of the Position
· High degree of autonomy, with an allocated budget to creatively drive nearly all aspects of marketing in a growth-stage company.
· Opportunities for management, depending on the candidate
· Project diversity. With a changing industry, small team, funded company, and established thought leadership, you won’t be bored.
· Realistic expectations. We understand marketing is one part of the sales & marketing organization, which is one part of the overall company. We’re hungry and looking to grow, but also realistic about the demands this role may place on someone. We’re not expecting one single super person to come in and change and lead everything at once.
· We hope to offer a balance of trust, autonomy, and leadership, with the understanding that this job should fit into your life (not the other way around).
The Kind of Person Who Might Enjoy Working Here
· Knows how to communicate well in all circumstances, whether requiring directness, empathy, feedback, listening, or all of the above. We value the “human” in human capital and we're looking for people who feel the same way.
· Is equally comfortable chatting with a non-technical customer and sharing technical information.
· Has high-energy, optimistic, creative, curious, people-oriented, and flexible (we're a startup even if we've been around a while!).
· Has a love of life outside of work. Personal balance is important to us.
StrongKey is based out of Durham, NC and Cupertino, CA, and we work primarily from our offices. This position is based in Durham, NC.
You will be compensated with a competitive salary, equity stake, and an attractive benefits package. You will also have the opportunity to help build a business and work closely with everyone in the company. If you're motivated by helping to write a company's story as it begins a new chapter, this is a powerful opportunity for you to join the ground floor of a business we truly believe is going to be meaningful.
Please send your resume and a short cover letter (no longer than a page) to email@example.com
. And if you want to learn more without applying, please feel free to drop us a line.