Sales at Policygenius...
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for customers? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to join a rapidly growing team and help build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance? Then come join the Sales team at Policygenius!
Sales agents are on the front lines of the Policygenius customer experience: managing all inbound and outbound leads for prospective life insurance customers and ensuring they get the coverage they need (and feel good about the process)! The Sales Manager is a critical link between our life insurance customers, agents and insurance partners. You’ll be managing our high-performing Sales team, who set the first impression for clients on their life insurance purchasing journey.
- Manage a team of agents and own their individual and team-level performance by delivering structured feedback through 1:1s, performance reviews, and professional development conversations
- Align direct reports on team and individual goals (daily, weekly, monthly) and provide regular visibility into the progress toward those goals
- Provide coaching and supervision through side-by-sides, retroactive call/ticket review and team huddles
- Identify opportunities to improve customer conversion and sales team performance by analyzing data and key performance indicators
- Be accountable for the hiring funnel of your immediate team by delivering on hiring targets set by direct manager
- Ensure compliance with regulation and adherence to Pg quality standards in concert with our quality assurance team
- Work with team leads to handle client escalations, quality concerns, and vendor issues
- Provide actionable feedback from clients and the team to drive process and product improvements
- Regularly report out on team performance to company executives (Founders,VP, Directors), focusing on insights and initiatives to improve performance
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience; previous management or player-coach experience in a Sales organization required
- A sales mindset -- you’re motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their needs
- Experience in selling clients based on needs based and suitability techniques
- Superior analytical skills that thrive in a data-driven environment
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in client and carrier/vendor relations
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize throughout the day
- A teamwork mindset and strong management skills, including a passion for people, motivating & inspiring team members, and performance management
- Demonstrated sound judgment in people situations and the ability to have difficult conversations and to deliver feedback in line with the Pg model, leveraging empathy and tact
- Strong communication skills with an attention to detail
- Humility and an openness to learn -- you're always raising the bar for yourself and your team
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A positive attitude with a desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- A life, accident & health insurance agent or broker license and experience in selling life insurance is a plus
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces"
two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!