Finance & Accounting at Policygenius...
Are you passionate about accuracy with strong attention to detail and love of numbers? Do you enjoy being a trusted and knowledgeable resource for colleagues? Do you want the ability to build out your team and set the direction for a department? We’re looking for a meticulous, compliant, and capable leader for the Policygenius Accounting Department!
As the leader of the Accounting department, the Director of Accounting will be responsible for owning the timely, accurate, and efficient delivery of the books and records. You’ll take the lead in setting the function up for success by growing the team, formalizing processes, and partnering with key stakeholders. Reporting into the VP of Finance, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to build out your own team to help meet the fast-changing Company goals.
In this role, you will…
- Direct and manage accounting operations and the general ledger team to ensure integrity and accuracy of financial statements. Ensure consolidated financial statements are consistent with U.S. GAAP
- Develop and implement internal controls and best practices
- Build out functions including general ledger accounting, revenue, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and tax compliance
- Oversee the day-to-day company-wide accounting operations, coordinate with vendors, and deliver payments accurately, timely, effectively
- Provide technical accounting leadership on significant accounting transactions.
- Stay up-to-date on technical guidance relevant to enterprise software industry
- Lead any internal and external audits or examinations
- Partner with Finance team members to help analyze and explain P&L and Balance Sheet variances
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and CPA license is required
- You have 9+ years finance experience in the Big Four or within a complex organization; bachelor’s or masters degree in accounting preferred
- You have functional accounting knowledge including a superior understanding of US GAAP and the SOX 404 Framework
- Directed the establishment and maintenance of accounting principles, practices, procedures and controls for the maintenance of fiscal records and preparation of financial reports
- Extensive technical accounting experience required (e.g., stock-based compensation, revenue recognition, etc.)
- Effective management and supervisory skills including strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate Company’s financial results, accounting policies, and procedures in layman’s terms; comfortable interacting with all levels of the/an organization, including C-suite executives, project teams, and department managers
- A strong team orientation and ability to build a first class accounting / finance organization
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces"
two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!