Who we are
Pocket Prep is a leading mobile learning platform offering efficient and affordable study solutions for professional certifications and standardized tests. We are looking for a native iOS Developer to join our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a flexible, small teamwork environment where they can make a direct impact. Pocket Prep offers great benefits, including Health Insurance, 401k, Profit Share Plan, and a flexible work schedule.
Pocket Prep provides several portals to its world-class learning content and the native iOS app is responsible for two-thirds of our traffic. While it has performed very well for us to date, this large traffic and desire for new functionality have led us to build a replacement app from scratch. We have just launched the first external beta of the app and you will be instrumental in refining and polishing it for general release. The app has been written in Swift and makes use of SOLID principles for easy groking.
What you will do
- Familiarize yourself with our current application and the replacement
- Develop advanced transitions and animations to add polish to the app
- Develop unit tests to ensure functionality is retained during new feature development
- Update the design via ‘xib’ files and Interface Builder
- Implement new features around advanced community engagement
What you will need
- Significant experience with iOS, particularly Swift
- Significant experience with UIKit and other required core frameworks
- A desire to test while you build, ensuring a high-quality application
- Passion for collaboration and teamwork
- Experience with task planning and ticketing tools like Pivotal, Jira, etc.
What you’ll get from us
- The latest hardware and a sit/stand desk to complement a collaborative office with a variety of workspaces, including your home
- Competitive compensation, healthcare, and retirement packages
- A flexible vacation policy and a team that values work-life balance
- Paid company shut down over the winter holidays
- No emails in the evenings or on weekends
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pocket Prep is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.