Join our mission to help more people live healthier, happier lives.
At Pattern Health, we believe that thoughtfully built technology can inspire and accelerate digital health innovation to deliver more impact with less hassle.
We also believe that a diverse team that represents our customers and users strengthens our ability to develop innovative products and services. Accordingly, Pattern Health seeks team members from a broad range of backgrounds, cultures, identities and experiences who are engaged with and committed to the success of our customers and each other.
This is a unique opportunity to take a leadership role in a fast-growing, mission-driven, venture backed team. As a member of Pattern Health's Business Development team, you will be asked to work independently using your experience to help expand our customer base, grow revenues, and position the company for continued growth. We work hard, but we are laser focused on the impact. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to keep reading!
About the Director of Business Development role
Pattern Health is seeking a dynamic Director of Business Development to help lead and execute our growth strategy. This role reports to the Chief Growth Officer and is responsible for revenue generation and related processes, establishing and delivering on sales and revenue targets to meet company objectives, and developing strategic business development and sales plans based on company and individual goals. This person will be responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales and revenue targets, developing and maturing an early stage go-to market strategy to accelerate near-term revenue growth while building the foundation for future growth and scale.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about our mission, customer-centric, growth oriented, and relentlessly focused on getting the job done.
- Take ownership of the sales process: opening doors, making sales, closing deals, as well as making an impact on key decision makers
- Meet and exceed sales quotas and targets
- Cultivating key accounts, and driving sales through sometimes complex decision making processes
- Manage, develop, grow pipeline and identify potential business opportunities (prospecting)
- Perform demos, negotiates deals, educate team on overall strategy for solution set
- Cultivate relationships with management of new and prospective accounts building credibility and trust
- Maintain knowledge of competitive and relevant market data
- Understand current and overall trends in the business and market
- Respond to customer issues and management of escalations and critical deliverables
- Understand customer specific goals, strategy, financials and challenges
- Accurately forecast sales prospects according to product, timeline, and value
- Communicate clearly and effectively with management regarding risks and upsides
- Engage internal exec team and key stakeholders to develop and optimize sales strategy
- Increase customer satisfaction and reference ability
- Passion for solving problems with a disruptive solution
- Proven track record with 5+ years of success in prior technology, healthcare or related solution sales and/or sales management positions. Prior attendance at formal sales training is considered a strong plus.
- Healthcare experience selling to Academic Medical Centers, Health Systems, Physician Practices, Payers, etc. with an existing network of relationships
- Demonstrated track record of operating in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Operates with a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal, written, telephone communication skills supported by strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team structure
- Computer proficiency required, including ability to create proposals and to manipulate and manage spreadsheets
- Experience managing your business using Salesforce or a related CRM software solution
- Willing to travel when needed
- Highly preferred:
- Experience in high growth, early stage, venture backed SaaS/PaaS Company
- Evidence of helping to grow an early stage start-up into an industry leader
This is a full-time position that includes a competitive salary, flexible remote work policy, health insurance, equity, retirement plan, paid holidays, discretionary time off and other benefits. Our headquarters are in Durham, NC, one of the highest ranked cities in the country for growth, entrepreneurship, affordability, smarts, dining and entertainment.
To learn more or apply, please email us at careers @ pattern.health