We’re looking for passionate skilled software engineers to join and positively impact our small but fast-growing team. We are a mission-driven digital healthcare company focused on building a high-quality, scalable SaaS platform. If you’re interested in joining a small team in a low-friction environment where everyone works together to improve healthcare, we invite you to apply.
A little bit about you
- You enjoy building high-quality software products that improve people’s lives.
- You focus on customer needs and intuitive interfaces.
- You’re energized by working on a cross-functional agile product development team
- You like to get things done.
- You effectively balance working independently and collaboratively.
- You’re ready to contribute a little of everything — software design, larger features, smaller enhancements, and bug fixes.
Any of the following will help you stand out:
- Passion for software that runs smoothly, resists errors, and scales well
- Experience with SaaS API integrations
- Experience developing native Android and/or iOS applications
- Expertise in cloud DevOps for SaaS applications
- Worked in digital health, especially with data-oriented platforms
Technology & tools
- The server is Java/Dropwizard. Web apps are Angular/Typescript. Mobile apps are native using Swift and Java+Kotlin.
- git for source control
- Bitrise and Bamboo for continuous integration
- The team follows a lightweight Kanban process.
- The deployment environments are AWS and GCP.
What we value
- Collaboration — Hard problems are solved by teams, and we value working together.
- Learning — Innovation starts with learning. We love to expand our knowledge and question things we think we understand well.
- Quality — Automated tests are the norm, and we long for continuous deployment.
- Security — Health data privacy and integrity are critical. We’re serious about security.
- Diversity — Different ideas and backgrounds help generate better solutions… and are more fun.
- Modern frameworks and sharp tools — Time is valuable. Let’s not waste it on bad technology.
- Work/life balance — Work isn’t everything. We strive to be effective and efficient, and also respect our personal lives.
This is a full-time position based in Durham, NC that includes a competitive salary, flexible remote work policy, health insurance, equity, retirement plan, paid holidays and unlimited vacation.
Durham is one of the highest ranked cities in the country for growth, entrepreneurship, affordability, smarts, dining and entertainment. Pattern Health's offices are in the heart of downtown Durham, where we’re proud to be part of the community. Just a few steps from our office you’ll find award winning cafes, restaurants, bakeries, ice cream parlors, activities, and events.
Pattern Health has a flexible remote work policy at all times, and especially during the COVID-19 public health emergency. As of March 2020, working from home is the norm. Unless there is a compelling reason to physically go to the office or meet in person, we maintain our collaborative culture virtually.
To learn more or apply, please email us at email@example.com.