As a Back End and Cloud Developer, you will report directly to the Director of Engineering at Pathos Ethos. Additionally, you will partner with the rest of the engineering team to continuously build and improve technology products.
About Pathos Ethos
Pathos Ethos is a digital venture studio that partners with innovators of every experience level to amplify their potential by providing tools, resources, talent, network, and direct services. We work alongside first-time entrepreneurs, corporate innovation executives, and serial founders, among others, to transform ideas into revenue-generating products.
Culture and Values
There are foundational ideas that unite all hires at Pathos Ethos, regardless of role or team. First, we are all motivated by Compassionate Justice, seeking to bring greater equity to our world both professionally and personally. Second, we value Entrepreneurial Character - as tenacious problem solvers, we push ourselves to find the right resources (knowledge, trade skills, work, funding, etc.) to deliver value to our clients and partners. Finally, we are committed to Teamwork, believing we can provide more value as a team than individually. To that end, we are willing to do the work of always listening to each other first and telling the hard truths to improve one another.
We are looking for an on-site (remote during COVID), full-time Back End / Cloud Developer who will thrive at solving problems for partner innovators. This position will work out of our office near downtown Durham, NC.
This role requires quick (but thorough) strategic decision-making to provide optimal pathways for early-stage SaaS and API products and strong communication skills for working with team members.
Because of this position’s high variation and intensity level, we split traditional skill requirements into the loose groupings of experience levels. We believe a matching candidate would have:
- Building enterprise-level SaaS or API applications using Ruby on Rails or go-lang
- Working with combined teams of engineers to achieve significant product goals
- Using source code control systems like Git
- Designing data models from scratch
- Drafting work estimations (macro and micro)
- Understanding business problems to offer multiple solutions
- Working under Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- Product user story mapping, wireframing, and API design
- Core AWS services of EC2, S3, and Cognito
- Deploying applications to live production environments on AWS and Heroku
- Modern build systems and continuous integration
- DevOps principles and philosophies
- Infrastructure-as-Code tools and methodologies
- AWS Lambda
- Atlassian tools of Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence
We understand this is an exhaustive list and are open to having conversations with highly motivated candidates who have varying degrees of fit.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- At-Will Vacation Policy