As an iOS Developer, you will report directly to the Director of Engineering at Pathos Ethos. Additionally, you will partner with the rest of the engineering team to continuously build and improve technology products.
About Pathos Ethos
Pathos Ethos is a digital venture studio that partners with innovators of every experience level to amplify their potential by providing tools, resources, talent, network, and direct services. We work alongside first-time entrepreneurs, corporate innovation executives, and serial founders, among others, to transform ideas into revenue-generating products.
Culture and Values
There are foundational ideas that unite all hires at Pathos Ethos, regardless of role or team. First, we are all motivated by Compassionate Justice, seeking to bring greater equity to our world both professionally and personally. Second, we value Entrepreneurial Character - as tenacious problem solvers, we push ourselves to find the right resources (knowledge, trade skills, work, funding, etc.) to deliver value to our clients and partners. Finally, we are committed to Teamwork, believing we can provide more value as a team than individually. To that end, we are willing to do the work of always listening to each other first and telling the hard truths to improve one another.
We are looking for an on-site (remote during COVID), full-time iOS Developer who will thrive at solving problems for partner innovators. This position will work out our office near downtown Durham, NC.
This role requires quick (but thorough) strategic decision-making to provide optimal pathways for early-stage mobile products and strong communication skills for working with team members.
Because of this position’s high variation and intensity level, we split traditional skill requirements into the loose groupings of experience levels. We believe a matching candidate would have:
- Building enterprise-level mobile applications using Swift and Objective-C
- Working with combined teams of engineers to achieve significant product goals
- Using source code control systems like Git
- Deploying applications to the Apple App Store
- Designing data models from scratch
- Drafting work estimations (macro and micro)
- Building user interfaces for different screen sizes
- Understanding business problems to offer multiple solutions
- Working under Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- Product user story mapping, wireframing, and interface design
- Building enterprise-level web applications using Ruby on Rails (or comparable web application technology)
- Modern build systems and continuous integration
- Knowing how WordPress works
- Deploying enterprise-level applications to live production environments
We understand this is an exhaustive list and are open to having conversations with highly motivated candidates who have varying degrees of fit.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- At-Will Vacation Policy