We are looking for an experienced Front-End WordPress Developer. We need someone who can work with existing simple and complex wordpress websites to make changes, debug issues, and fix compatibility issues when they arise. The person should also be able to take a design (PSD/Sketch/Figma/Invision or Zeplin Prototype) and create both fully custom WordPress websites or child themes from existing themes.
ABOUT PATHOS ETHOS
Pathos Ethos is a digital venture studio that partners with innovators of every experience level to amplify their potential by providing tools, resources, talent, network, and direct services. We partner with several types of innovators (first-time entrepreneurs, corporate innovation executives), working alongside them to transform ideas into revenue generating products.
CULTURE AND VALUES
There are a few things that unite all hires at Pathos Ethos, regardless of role or team. First, we are all motivated by Compassionate Justice, seeking to bring greater equity to our world both professionally and personally. Second, we value Entrepreneurial Character – as tenacious problem solvers, we push ourselves to find the right resources (knowledge, tradeskills, work, funding, etc.) to deliver value to those we work with. And finally, we are committed to Teamwork, believing we can deliver more value as a team than we can each individually. To that end, we are willing to do the work of always listening to each other first and telling the hard truths to improve one another.
About the Job
- Work with our team to quickly fix issues and address challenges with wordpress
- Work directly with our Creative Director to create modern, responsive websites for our clients
- Interested in wearing several different hats and being a solid team player by helping other employees improve their skills
Essential Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge and experience in PHP, HTML, CSS, jQuery/JS, Ajax
- Three to five years of custom WordPress theme development experience
- Create browser independent, responsive WordPress themes
- Good Written and verbal communication capabilities
- Excellent organization skills for tracking several projects at the same time
- Ability to slice PSD or PNG screenshots and turn our designs into operational websites
- Knowledge of WordPress Post Types, Custom Post Types, Custom Fields, Meta Fields
- Knowledge of popular WordPress plugins and trends
- WordPress Security experience
- WooCommerce development experience
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Experience using Divi theme
- Experience working with Agile web development projects and daily scrum
- Strong OOP practices with PHP and JS
- Version control experience a plus
- WordPress Plugin development experience
This is a contract remote position.
Please make sure to include your salary requirements and a link to recent development projects.