NoviSci seeks to accelerate learning from real-world healthcare data through the development and application of tools to enable scalable, state-of-the-science causal inference, prediction, and data visualization.
Our science teams work with external collaborators to solve important problems in medicine and public health. Our software developers and data scientists build cloud-based, web-deployed analytic tools driven by the needs of our collaborative research.
We are currently hiring a senior software engineer to help us build the data pipeline system for our next generation analytics application.
Our Engineering Values
- We believe in Agile development principles.
- We value quality.
- We strive for the ideal and practice practicality.
- We hire team players who happen to be smart.
- We fight to maintain trust.
- We have freedom to make mistakes.
- Lead the implementation and design of our data pipeline system for our analytics web application
- Implement features and systems with scalability in mind
- Lead and implement company data privacy policies (authorization, backup, destruction)
- Build well-designed, quality, tested, and complete features, while following our best practices
- Take ownership of your work from implementation to production
- Communicate effectively with people within and outside the development team
- Write automated tests at different levels of the code
- Mentor and advise junior software engineers and non-technical peers
- Learn from others and from your mistakes
- Mastery of programming in a language of your choice
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies, tools, and concepts
- Understanding the pros and cons of different designs and implementations
- Eagerness to work using Agile development practices
- Ability to lead well in a flat organization
- Ability to communicate ideas and principles of software development to non-programmers
- Love of building software that delights users
- 7+ years of experience engineering a software product
- Experience developing robust back-end systems that can handle large amount of data
- Experience with building complex, scalable web-based applications
- Experience with the AWS suite of cloud services
- Experience with containerized systems (Docker, Kubernetes) and build systems (Bamboo, GitLab)
- Previously used distributed computing systems such as Apache Hadoop or Spark
- Experience with real-world healthcare data
- Familiarity with the R programming language
- Matching 401(k)
- Nationally recognized health, dental, and vision insurance
- Tickets to Durham Bulls games
- Great downtown Durham location
- Team social events and lunches
NoviSci, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered: email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you using your American Underground profile as your career site, and don't have a link for candidates to apply? No worries – we have a quick workaround, because #startupgrind. We recommend creating a simple Typeform or Google Form to collect the info you need from candidates and then linking it here. If you need help, email email@example.com!
Is this a critical hire? You can boost the search by making it an American Underground Featured Job. Featured Jobs receive premium visibility including:
What happens next? If you click Yes, the Featured Jobs promotion is free to your organization unless and until American Underground secures a winning candidate for your role. If this happens (when this happens), your organization will be charged a $3,000 referral fee upon placement.
I have read and agree to the American Underground Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, the $3,000 referral fee due upon the placement or hiring of a candidate or employee pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Featured Jobs Program.