Map My Customers is looking for a mobile developer with experience developing for both Android and iOS, with significant experience developing with React Native. Working with a small, growing team of experienced engineers you'll be a key player in developing new features and creating an excellent experience for our mobile users. In this position, you'll be expected to exhibit a solid understanding of mobile design patterns, write and maintain features of our mobile application, participate in product planning and pitch/implement new ideas to improve our product, partner with other engineers to push projects to completion.
- Build hybrid mobile applications with react native development for iOS and Android platforms
- Familiar working with REST APIs for deep integrations with both platforms
- Develop new user-facing features using React Native
- Design and write software technical specifications and perform unit testing
- Document processes and development projects
- Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design
- Experience with or understanding of relational databases such as Postgres
- Experience with the publishing process for both Apple and Google App stores
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Identify options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Work collaboratively with peers, stakeholders and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Plan for and work flexibly to deadlines
- Working knowledge of agile software development life-cycle
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience with React Native or Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline with a minimum of 1 year professional experience
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle (Android Studio, IntelliJ)
- Experience writing automated tests (Mocha and Jasmine)
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating environment
- Understanding of the various design patterns used in mobile development and how to implement them
- Know how the web works under the hood (TCP, HTTP, DNS, IP, caches, etc)
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Proven source code tooling with Git (ability to feature branch, merge, pull, push)
- Understanding of mobile analytics and source attribution
- Solid understanding of the React lifecycle
- Familiar with releasing apps to the App Store and Google Play
- Demonstrable previous work (or passion projects)
Are you using your American Underground profile as your career site, and don't have a link for candidates to apply? No worries – we have a quick workaround, because #startupgrind. We recommend creating a simple Typeform or Google Form to collect the info you need from candidates and then linking it here. If you need help, email email@example.com!
Is this a critical hire? You can boost the search by making it an American Underground Featured Job. Featured Jobs receive premium visibility including:
What happens next? If you click Yes, the Featured Jobs promotion is free to your organization unless and until American Underground secures a winning candidate for your role. If this happens (when this happens), your organization will be charged a $3,000 referral fee upon placement.
I have read and agree to the American Underground Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, the $3,000 referral fee due upon the placement or hiring of a candidate or employee pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Featured Jobs Program.