As an Inside Sales Representative, you’ll have the opportunity to directly impact Lucid Dream’s growth and new business development process. You’ll work directly with marketing, training, and manufacturing professionals at prospective life science organizations to help identify new ways to use virtual and augmented reality to solve complex business problems. In addition to the opportunity to enter the rapidly growing VR/AR industry, you’ll help accelerate the transformation of healthcare through better clinician training, patient education, and quality assurance.
This is a Full-Time Position based in Durham, NC with limited travel requirements (~15%).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Research, qualify, and engage decision-makers at good-fit customer organizations via email, phone, and social media.
- Conduct demos, facilitate decisions, negotiate, and close business via phone and WebEx.
- Manage your pipeline according to the Lucid Dream sales process, effectively advancing deals from end-to-end to meet quarterly goals.
- Work with leadership to develop, update, and maintain a prospect database and territory plan to help prioritize your efforts.
- Track weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics.
- Collaborate with product team to generate creative project concepts and to ensure proposals are appropriately scoped and priced.
- Collaborate with marketing to build and implement lead generation campaigns.
- Facilitate smooth transitions of new customers to account management and customer success teams.
- Provide ideas and feedback to leadership team to help continuously evolve and refine sales strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- You have at least 1-3 years B2B experience selling software, consulting, professional services, or similar.
- You’ve carried a quota before and proven your ability to meet and exceed sales goals.
- You’ve managed the entire sales process from prospecting to close.
- You are a self-starter but also enjoy working collaboratively with a high-energy team in a fast-paced environment.
- You tend to be an early adopter of new technology and love gadgets.
- You are a curious person with a “scientific mind.”
- You take a consultative approach to sales; you’re not just an order taker.
- You enjoy trying to deeply understand customers’ needs and helping them solve complex problems.
- You love talking to new people all day and are comfortable making cold calls.
- You have an energetic, upbeat attitude and don’t get discouraged when a customer is not interested.
- You are a quick learner with competitive drive and a desire to continuously grow and improve.
- You take “total ownership” for your work, following through on commitments without making excuses.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Robust company culture committed to our core mission and values
- Amazing group of talented colleagues, and a management team dedicated to transparent leadership and helping everyone grow and thrive
- Competitive base salary (commensurate with experience) and uncapped sales commissions
- Employer-sponsored healthcare, vision, & dental
- SIMPLE Retirement Plan with company match
- Responsible Paid Time-Off Policy
- Parental Leave Policy
- Downtown Durham office with parking
- Monthly team-building events
ABOUT LUCID DREAM
Lucid Dream is a leading provider of virtual and augmented reality for the life sciences industry. We help pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotech companies engage target audiences, boost employee performance, and accelerate growth using immersive VR/AR technology.
Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC, our office is a short walk from world-class dining and entertainment venues, the Historic American Tobacco Campus, and the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. We are also proud members of the American Underground, (the “startup capital of the south” and a Google for Entrepreneurs Tech Hub), which provides our employees access to a rich entrepreneurial community, inspirational workspaces, networking events, happy hours, and more.
Lucid Dream is an Equal Opportunity Employer that gives all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees based on mutual respect. The more diverse and inclusive we are, the more magic we can make! All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.