We’re looking for an experienced backend developer to join our well-funded startup in the heart of downtown Durham. Connect with us if you love solving difficult technical and design problems, enjoy a flexible and engaging work environment, and want to play a vital role in growing a valuable company.
At Klearly, we’ve created a platform that transforms traditional B2B marketing and sales teams into data-driven, optimized revenue operations. Klearly eliminates the need for bespoke data analysis, management of siloed data sources, and vanity metrics. Our product applies machine learning to provide actionable, revenue-centric insights that empower planners and operators to make intelligent business decisions.
We have a working product and are currently onboarding several enterprise customers. As a key member of the Klearly team, you will have the opportunity to shape our future machine learning strategy, optimize infrastructure for scalability, and tackle deep challenges in creating an effective user experience.
Our tech stack includes Google Cloud Platform, Python, PyMC3 (probabilistic programming), Docker and Kubernetes, and Vue.js.
As a backend developer, you'll ensure our product is scalable and performant. Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and managing our ETL pipeline
- Application and service orchestration
- Serving the needs of the customer-facing web app
- Architecting and managing our cloud infrastructure
- Integrating machine learning into production
- Experimenting with new technologies that allow us to scale effortlessly and add company value
You should have extensive practical experience in most of the following areas:
- Cloud architecture and tools
- SQL database architecture and administration
- GraphQL and REST
- CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions)
- Container technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Software development best practices
Bonus interests and skills:
- Google Cloud
- Airflow (or similar workflow system)
- Data engineering
- Machine learning
- Information security best practices
- Interest in functional programming and languages (e.g., Clojure, Elixir, Elm)
We are not hiring remotely at this time. You must be willing to work primarily from our office in downtown Durham.
Ownership. As one of our first hires, you'll receive meaningful equity and be accountable for your area of the product.
Work/Life Balance. Enjoy flexibility in when and where you work.
- Competitive compensation and health benefits.
Downtown Durham Office. Be part of the American Underground startup ecosystem.
Flexible Vacation. Take the vacation you need when you need it.
Focus on Learning. Work with us to develop a plan for professional growth.