Hello! We’re InHerSight.
We’re looking for a Front End Developer to help us build tools that improve the workplace for women. In this role, you’ll build new features and refactor legacy code throughout our web and mobile platforms as a key part of our growing engineering team.
This position is based at our headquarters in Durham, NC.
Your knowledge and experience:
- 3+ years experience developing apps that are scalable, flexible, and distributed when necessary
- Broad knowledge of the web and mobile front end landscapes and an understanding of the pros and cons of various approaches to development
- Experience with agile or agile-lite development
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments
Your personality and mindset:
- Flexible, open, and eager
- Passionate about changing the world through technology
- Aware that in the startup space, perfect can be the enemy of good, ruthless prioritization is sometimes necessary, change is constant, and speed is almost always a concern
- A basic understanding of the issues facing women in the workplace and a passion for making things better
- Experience with back end development (full stack ftw)
Some specifics about our stack:
- Web app currently resides on Heroku
- Web app is primarily built in Python / Django
- Web app uses Vue.js and jQuery in places
- Mobile app is built in React Native
- Mobile app is driven by APIs that run on the web app
What we’re offering:
- An opportunity to help shape the future of work for women
- A friendly workplace and a growing team of passionate people
- Competitive perks & benefits including subsidized health care, parental leave, flexible hours and paid time off, etc.
About InHerSight as a company:
InHerSight is dedicated to making the workplace better for women. Since 2014, we’ve been building tools that help women find what they want and improve what they get through anonymous company ratings, job matching, and more. We also help companies understand how to better attract and retain women through with recruiting and analytics tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send an email indicating your interest, a resume, and a link to your github to email@example.com.